Aging is a part of the natural biological process. As time goes by, we start to age. There is not a single soul on earth who can stop the wrath of old age. With aging, many changes come to the surface.
The best part of aging as we grow older and wiser every year. The gloomy part of aging is our bodies start to lose the immune system, it becomes weak, our optical abilities change, and also changes in the appearances occur.
The first signs of aging always show on the skin. Our skin starts to lose its elasticity as we age, it loses its natural oil somewhat. Skin becomes lackluster.
This is when we start applying expensive cosmetics, with a glimmer of hope that, it will turn back the clock and somehow magically make our skin supple and baby soft. But alas, that rarely happens!
There are times when seemingly young people look old. But if one investigates their food habit, often time it is found that most of the foods they are consuming are junk items, highly fatty, spicy, fried foods.
What they should be eating are more greens, colorful fresh fruits and vegetables, and other anti-aging foods.
What they ignore is that the ‘token of wisdom’, that simply says ‘we are what we eat.’
Now one must have this question in their mind, ‘do we need to say a forever goodbye to all the fried, cheesy junk foods that taste oh so good!?’ Well the answer is Yes & No.
I said ‘Yes’ because if one wishes to omit those food items from their diet and maintain their diet, then they can surely go for it. It is a great commitment to your body.
Likewise, ‘No’ because discarding all those food items at once, and drastically changing one’s diet plan and then maintaining it is a hard task. So you can still have those food items occasionally. This way you wouldn’t fall off the grid from your updated organic diet routine.
Anti-aging nutrients to look for in food
- Vitamin A, C, K,
- Vitamin B complex,
- good fatty acids,
- Beta carotene,
In this article, I will be talking about anti-aging foods items which are not only good for your skin, but also for your overall health.
If your age is over 25, then it is advisable that you must include these food items in your diet.
25 Anti-aging foods items to include in your daily diet
- Carrots– Carrots are rich in vitamin A which helps to restore the elasticity of our skin by curing the damaged collagen. Carrots also contain beta carotene and lycopene which helps to protect our skin from the harshness of UV rays.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are also rich in lycopene, thus helps to fight our skin against ultraviolet rays.
- Broccoli: Broccoli which is packed with antioxidants that helps to fight against the signs of aging.
- Spinach: Spinach is a nutrient full of leafy greens such as iron, potassium, vitamin A. Including this anti-aging foods item in the diet will help to slow down aging.
- Sweet Potato: According to research and studies, including sweet potato in your diet helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Red and yellow bell pepper: Including fresh produce of bright colors such as red and yellow bell pepper in one’s diet, help to slowly eradicate the process of aging. Bell peppers are high in vitamin C, which is an important anti-aging nutrient.
- Papaya: Papaya is loaded with vitamin A, C, K, antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, calcium which are great anti-aging properties.
- Orange: Oranges are full of vitamin C and high in antioxidants, which are beneficial as an anti-aging property.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is also packed with vitamin C and potent antioxidants that protect our body from radical damages.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is as the name suggests full of water, potent nutrients such as lycopene. In summer, include watermelons in your diet as an anti-aging food.
- Pineapple: Pineapple is full of antioxidants and enzymes which help to tighten the skin.
- Avocado: Avocado is loaded with Vitamin A, has so many good fats which make it a great anti-aging foods item.
- Green Tea: Loaded with so many antioxidants, it nurtures the overall skin barrier. It also helps to slow down the wrinkling process.
- Oats: Oats is not just awesome anti-aging food; it also helps to fight cholesterol.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed is full of good fatty acid- omega 3 fatty acids. This fatty acid is a great nutrient that promotes the anti-aging process.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are full of vitamin B, iron that helps to nurture the skin health.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is a great source of many nutrient food properties. It tastes really good too.
- Nuts: Nuts are the superfoods that are rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E heal the damaged skin. Almond, cashew, macadamia all of these nuts are easily available in the market. Moderate eating of nuts also lowers down the cholesterol levels.
- Beans & Lentils: Every proportionate diet chart must include a good amount of protein. Beans & lentils are a good source of protein and fibers. Skin is made of protein, so including protein-based anti-aging foods in one’s diet is a must.
- Turmeric: This potent healing spice is full of antioxidants that fight against the aging process. Turmeric is also anti-inflammatory.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is full of calcium that helps to strengthen bone health. It is a great probiotic that is good for gut health.
- Ghee: Ghee is full of good fatty acids that nurture and hydrate the skin cells. Having ghee with your food helps to build a strong metabolism.
- Eggs: Eggs are a source of protein. It also contains all the nurturing anti-aging foods nutrients such as vitamins, folic acid, biotin, etc.
- Fatty fishes: Consuming fatty fishes such as hilsa, salmon are a great way to have supple skin. Fishes are also a source of protein.
- olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is the powerhouse of vitamin E which is good for skin health.
Other ways to slow down the process of aging naturally
- Drink plenty of water. At least 3 liters every day.
- Slather on sunscreen.
- Do light exercise.
- Do not drink alcohol & smoke.
- Moisturize, Moisturize and moisturize!
- Limit the time you spend on digital gadgets.
- Sleep early. Sleep at least 7-8 hours.
- Keep your mind stress free
- Go for a full body massage twice a month.
Our body is our wealth. It is our duty only to look after its needs. One should always listen to his own body and start treating with utmost care. What we put inside our body, matters most. If we feed it garbage, our body will hit back with millions of diseases. But if we discipline our body with more organic and anti-aging foods, greens, vegetables, fruits of all color, it will give us back with so much more goodness.